CONSTITUTION AND RULES
The club shall be called ROSS JUNIORS FC (the Club)
The objects of the Club shall be to arrange association football matches and social activities for its members.
3. STATUS OF RULES
These rules (the Club Rules) form a binding agreement between each member of the Club.
4. RULES AND REGULATIONS
(1) The Club shall have the status of an Affiliated Member Club of the Football
Association by virtue of its affiliation to / membership of The Hereford
Football Association. The rules and regulations of The Football
Association Limited and parent County Association and any league or
or competition to which the Club is affiliated for the time being shall
be deemed to be incorporated into the Club Rules.
(2) No alteration to the Club Rules shall be effective without prior
written approval by the parent Association.
(3) The Club will also abide by the Football Association’s Child Protection
Policies and Procedures, Codes of Conduct and the Equal Opportunities
and Anti-Discrimination Policy.
5. CLUB MEMBERSHIP
(1) The members of the Club from time to time shall be those persons listed in
register of members (the Membership Register), which shall be
maintained by the Club Secretary.
(2) Any person who wishes to be a member must a apply on the Membership
Application Form and deliver it to the club. Election to membership shall
shall be at sole discretion of the Club Committee. Membership shall
become effective upon an applicant’s name being entered in the
(3) In the event of a member’s resignation or expulsion, his or her name shall be
removed from the Membership Register.
(4) The Football Association and parent County Association shall be given
access to the Membership Register on demand.
6. ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE
(1) An annual fee payable by each member shall be determined from time to time by
the Club Committee. Any fee shall be payable on a successful application for
membership and annually by each member. Fees shall not be repayable.
(2) The Club Committee shall have the authority to levy further subscriptions from
the members as are reasonably necessary to fulfill the objects of the Club.
7. RESIGNATIONS AND EXPULSION
(1) A member shall cease to be a member of the Club if, and from the date on which,
he / she gives notice to the Club Committee of their resignation. A member whose annual
membership fee or further subscription is more than 2 months in arrears shall be
deemed to have resigned.
(2) The Club Committee shall have the power to expel a member when, in their opinion
it would not be in the interests of Club for them to remain a member. There shall
be no appeal procedures.
(3) A member who resigns or is expelled shall not be entitled to claim any, or a share of
any, of the Club Property.
8. CLUB COMMITTEE
(1) The Club Committee shall consist of the following Club Officers: Chairperson, Vice
Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary and Minutes Secretary, plus up to five other
members, elected at an Annual General Meeting.
(2) Each Club Officer and Club Committee Member shall hold office from the date of
appointment until the next Annual General Meeting unless otherwise resolved at a
Special General Meeting. One person may hold no more than two positions of club
Officer at any time. The Club Committee shall be responsible for the management of
all the affairs of the Club. Decisions of the Club Committee shall be made by a simple
majority of those attending the Club Committee meeting. The Chairperson of the Club
Committee shall have the casting vote in the event of a tie. Meetings of the Club Committee
shall be chaired by the Chairperson or in their absence the Vice Chairperson. The quorum for
the transaction of business of the Club Committee shall be three.
(3) Decisions of the Club Committee of meetings shall be entered into the Minute Book
of the Club to be maintained by the Club Secretary.
(4) Any member of the Club Committee may call a meeting of the Club Committee by
giving not less than 7 days notice to all members of the Club Committee. The
Club Committee shall not hold not less than four meetings a year.
(5) An outgoing member of the Club Committee may be re-elected. Any vacancy on the Club
Committee which arises between Annual General Meetings shall be filled by a member
proposed by one and seconded by another of the remaining Club Committee members and
approved by a simple majority of the remaining Club Committee members.
(6) Save as provided for in the Rules and Regulations of the Football Association and
the County Association to which the Club is affiliated, the Club Committee shall
have the power to decide all questions and disputes arising in respect of any issue
concerning the Club Rules.
9. ANNUAL AND SPECIAL GENERAL MEETINGS
(1) An Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held in each year to:
(i) receive a report of the activities of the Club over previous year
(ii) receive a report of the Club’s finances over the previous year
(iii) elect the members of the Club Committee
(iv) consider any other business
(2) Nominations for election of members as Club Officers or as members of the
Club Committee shall be made in writing by the proposer and seconder, both
of whom must be existing members of the Club, to the Club Secretary not less
than 21 days before the AGM. Notice of any resolution to be proposed at the AGM
shall be given in writing to the Club Secretary not less than 21 days before the meeting.
(3) A Special General Meeting (SGM) may be called at any time by the Committee and shall
be called within 21 days of the receipt by the Club Secretary of a requisition in writing
signed by not less than five members stating the purpose for which the meeting is
required and the resolutions proposed. Business at an SGM may be any business that
may be transacted at an AGM.
(4) The Secretary shall send to each member at their last known address written notice
of the date of a General Meeting together with the resolution to be proposed at least 14
days before the Meeting.
(5) The quorum for a General Meeting shall be 10 committee members.
(6) The Chairperson or in the absence a member selected by the Club Committee, shall take
the chair. Each member present shall have one vote and resolutions shall be passed by
a simple majority. In the event of an equality of votes the Chairperson of the Meeting
shall have a casting vote.
(7) The Club Secretary, or in their absence a member of the Club Committee, shall enter
Minutes of General Meetings into the Meeting Book of the Club.
10. CLUB TEAMS
At its first meeting following each AGM, the Club Committee shall appoint a Club member
to be responsible for each of the Club’s football teams. The appointed members shall be
responsible for managing the affairs of the team. The appointed members shall present to
the Club Committee at its last meeting prior to an AGM a written report on the
activities of the team.
11. CLUB FINANCES
(1) A bank account shall be opened and maintained in the name of the Club (the Club
account). Designated account signatories shall be the Club Chairperson and the
Treasurer. No sum shall be drawn from the club account except by cheque signed
by the two designated signatories. All monies payable to the Club shall be received
by the Treasurer and deposited in the Club account.
(2) The income and assets of the Club (the Club Property) shall be applied only in
furtherance of the objects of the Club.
(3) The Club Committee shall have the power to authorise the payment of remuneration
and expenses to any member of the Club and to any other person or persons for
services rendered to the Club.
(4) The Club shall prepare an annual Financial Statement in such form as shall be
published by The Football Association from time to time.
(5) The Club Property, other than the Club account, shall be vested in not less than two and
no more than four custodians, one of whom shall be the Treasurer (the Custodians),
who shall deal with the Club Property as directed by decision of the Club Committee
and entry in the Minute Book shall be conclusive evidence of such a decision.
(6) The Custodians shall be appointed by the Club in a General Meeting and shall
hold office until death or resignation unless removed by a resolution passed
at a General Meeting.
(7) On their removal or resignation a Custodian shall execute a conveyance in
such form as is published by The Football Association from time to time to
a newly elected Custodian or the existing Custodians as directed by the Club
Committee. On the death of a Custodian, any Club Property vested in them
shall vest automatically in the surviving Custodians. If there is only one
surviving Custodian, a Special General Meeting shall be convened as soon as
possible to appoint another Custodian.
(8)The Custodians shall be entitled to an indemnity out of the Club Property for
all expenses and other liabilities reasonably incurred by them in carrying out
(1) The Club shall take out an insurance policy in line with The Football Associations
recommendations to cover all players.
(2) The Club shall inform all members of the details of the insurance policy.
(3) Any player who does not pay the Club’s Membership Fee will not be covered by
insurance and therefore will prohibited from participating in the Club’s activities
until the fee is paid in full. If the fee remains unpaid, the Executive Committee has
the power to expel that player from the Club’s Membership Register. There shall
be no appeals procedures.
(4) The Club accepts no liability other than that set out in its insurance policy.
(1) A resolution to dissolve the Club shall only be proposed at a General Meeting
and shall be carried by a majority of least three-quarters of the members present.
(2) The dissolution shall take effect from the date of the resolution and the members
of the Club Committee shall be responsible for the winding up of assets and
liabilities of the Club.
(3) Any surplus assets remaining after the discharge of the debts and liabilities of the
Club shall be transferred to the parent Association who shall determine how the
assets shall be utilised for the benefit of the game. Alternatively, such assets may
be disposed of in such other manner as the members of the Club with the consent
of the parent Association shall determine.